Windows    Roofing    Siding    Stone    Insulation - 586-281-3379
What's In Your Attic?
Effective insulation is one of the most important factors in the energy efficiency and comfort of any building. By air sealing your home, adding insulation or replacing old windows with Energy Star® rated windows, you create a thermal envelope that encloses heated or cooled living spaces. This not only maintains comfort, it also saves energy, and helps lower your energy bills.
Alltrade's Insulation Specialists will inspect your home and and give the right recomendations to improve your comfort and start saving you money!
Save now with an energy tax credit.
Thanks to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, if you purchased qualifying materials in 2009 or 2010, you can get a 30 percent tax credit on energy efficient improvements made to your home, including adding insulation. And Congress just extended the tax credit (albeit with lower credits) through the end of 2011 so there is still time to save if you have not already done so.
Save later on your energy bills.
Adding insulation and sealing air leaks is the single most cost-effective way to make your home more energy efficient. To maximize your energy savings, you should have up to 19 inches (R-49) of insulation in your attic. Adding insulation not only helps lower energy bills, it will help keep your home more consistently comfortable. Properly insulating is more cost-effective than adding energy efficient windows or other improvements.
Two more places to insulate are crawl spaces and basements.
If these areas of your home are not insulated or are under-insulated, this is the year to take care of it. Start now, and lower your energy bills for the life of your home.
The details of the 2011 tax credit.
The extended tax credit applies to the cost of materials only, not the cost of installation. The credit is 10 percent or up to a maximum of $500 on the purchase price of insulation or other qualified energy efficiency products. Here’s how to get it:
  • The tax credit applies only to items bought in 2011. Include the information on the tax return you file in 2012.
  • If you previously applied for the credit in 2009 or 2010 of $500 or more, you won’t be able to apply for this.
  • Save your receipts for all qualified purchases—this is the receipt you got from the store, not your credit card statement.
  • Fill out Johns Manville Manufacturer's Certification Statement for each item—you may need to fill out Manufacturer's Certification Statements for non-insulation products from other manufacturers as well.Owens Corning Manufacture's Certification Statement. 
  • File all documentation with your tax records—do not send the documents with your tax return. You'll need to use IRS Form 5695 to claim the credit.
Your purchase must be used in your primary residence. Find out more now!
Website provided by  Vistaprint
provided by Vistaprint